Friday, August 24, 2007

Tips for Levelling.

Got this off Osiris' rogue guide. This man is quite the leet rogue but I thought that some of this might be useful for you guys.


LEVELING STRATEGIES

Green is good. Try to hold off from going into new zones until the mobs are green to you. Killing mobs and doing quests 3-4 levels below you is ideal. The quests will be a joke and you will chew through the mobs with ease. It’s very easy to destroy your XP per hour by going after mobs your level or higher. You get the same XP from a level 61 quest as you do at 58 and 66. Just don’t let them turn grey.

I never used to be a big fan of quests. I have changed my mind on this since The Burning Crusade. There are so many good resources out there for finding info on quests. Wowhead.com is the best. It will tell you where to go and what to do. The important thing is that you do the quests quickly. Don’t spend an hour looking for one stupid quest objective. Look it up and get it done. Your XP per hour will be amazing.

Do all of the quests in your zone except the group ones and knock all of your group quests out with others at the same time.

Try to keep a pace of no less than 5 quests completed per hour.

Why Am I Leveling So Slowly?

It's not a race. I'm not here to tell you that you need to go 1-70 in 8 days played. But if you're looking to level at a reasonable pace, here are some tips:

Avoid excuses not to level. I've seen a lot of people do anything that they can to keep from leveling. I've seen people spend days trying to gather the mats to craft one item at level 20. You want to go through a bit of trouble to complete a difficult quest because you really want the reward? Fine. Spend an hour. Don't let crafting get in your way of leveling when that item will be replaced with an easy to obtain quest reward 3 levels later. And please stop asking for a high level to run you through instances. There's nothing in WC that will make your grind so much easier that it's worth spamming channels for an hour straight. Sometimes I will ask guildmates to run me through instances that I know they can solo demolish an instance in 30 minutes. If I have 4 quests I can knock out in a short period of time, fine, but for the most part I don't run instances at all when leveling.

Set a goal. It's Thursday night, you have all of your crap done at home and you now have 6 hours of game time before you need to go to bed. Where do you expect to be by the end of the night? Set realistic goals. To expect to hit levels 14, 15 and 16 is perfectly reasonable. To expect to do 67, 68 and 69 in six hours is not. Try longer term goals. “I plan to be at level 44 by the end of the weekend”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home