Thursday, May 05, 2005

For Fannwong

It's been a while since I've chatted, and even longer since I've played a game as I just had my first child (a son!). Anyhow -- I had the day off and downloaded RTCW:ET this morning (see Yesterday's news for D/L mirrors-Mike) and wanted to tweak it to run full screen, full res on my 23" cinema display (it won't run widescreen by using the default settings). Here's how to do it, for those that are interested.

There are just 3 lines to change in the "etconfig.cfg" file that is located in here (global settings):

~/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/etmain/etconfig.cfg

and here (for individual profiles):

~/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/etmain/profiles//etconfig.cfg

The lines are as follows (red text is what you need to change):

seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customheight "1200"
seta r_mode "-1" unsafe

This worked like a charm for me. If anyone is running at a lower resolution or a different LCD display, just put in the desired height and width. Hope this is helpful, as it seems that a lot of folks are picking up widescreen LCD displays lately. :)
(name withheld by request) "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home