Monday, May 09, 2005

Call of Duty

Just bought Call of Duty for Mac. First impressions: a more "realistic" (or perhaps I should say "realist") game.

- you can only carry two weapons at a time
- weapon accuracy increases the more you stay still
- option to fire from hip or raise gun to iron-sights
- option to crouch or prone (and you can't use your weapon if you're prone and moving - the "leopard crawl" effect, I suppose)
- you take our eye off the sniper scope when cycling the bolt

I'm running through the game at "greenhorn" level now (yeah, I know, chicken) just to get a feel for it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Packrat said...

CoD's quite brutal at the Vet level. Good game though. Do you have CoD and United offensive?

Patch it to 1.4. We can have a game.

8:52 AM  
Blogger wahj said...

Only bought the basic game to start with. The apple store at wheelock has one of the follow-on packs, thought I didn't take too much notice of the name.

I usually don't play the higher levels: I game for the joy of fragging computer opponents, and when you keep dying at the same spot over and over, the game ends up adding to your stress, rather than relieving it! = )

9:57 AM  
Blogger Packrat said...

OK...good...Patch it up to 1.4. Let's see if we can get it working for Friday's game?

11:21 AM  
Blogger Wes & Jo said...

means we can share ar?

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home